Monday, September 14, 2009

Tattered and Lost

This is a collage I did five years ago, using a copy of an old photo that I found at a flea market. The photo reminds me of the pictures I see on the Vernacular Photography blog. I don't collect many pictures -- just a few that really speak to me -- but after viewing some of the pictures at VP, I'll be looking with new eyes at things I might have quickly passed over...
tatteredandlostphotographs.blogspot.com/

A companion blog focuses on ephemera--postcards, a rare Dennis the Menace paper doll, Scholastic book covers, 45s, a Chef-Boy-ar-dee package, videos, and just about anything else that catches her fancy. Love the research on the Jackson Hole, Wyo., postcard, and her commentary is very witty and engaging.
tatteredandlostephemera.blogspot.com/

Here's a book cover from my collection of children's books. I didn't read this one as a child, but I did know of Lois Lenski, and came to appreciate her art when I was older:

3 comments:

  1. I love Lois Lenski's illustrations too! Glad you included this one in your piece about city books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,

    How very kind of you! I really appreciate the kind words. As you know I've had to stay away from my blogs the past few weeks because of net access. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel so I should be back up and blogging regularly again. I'm really tickled to think someone thinks enough of what I do to say such kind words.

    I have a paper doll I'm going to be posting soon that I can't find in any book. Perhaps you will be able to give me a heads up about it.

    Again, thanks!

    Tattered and Lost

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way, I love your collage! It has me thinking about a photo which involves a newspaper, 4 people, and some interesting dynamics between all of them. I'll try and post it this afternoon at my vernacular site. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete