Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pantins


 

I'm not especially crafty (you should have seen my handmade mask at the convention workshop last year) but once in awhile I'll do something that makes me happy. Pantins are easy if you have a template, or if you simply start looking for moving parts, real or surreal, that can animate a collage doll. 

 


Above: head from Dover Gibson Girls book (I really should give her face some color), torso template (from a paper doll convention, if I recall) that I rubber stamped, arms and legs are copies of L & B parts. I think I have them somewhere to scan here...





 
I love using patterned paper for whimsical effect. The building skirt on the left was an ABC Home and Carpet insert ad that came on stock paper. Ornament on hair was from a Somerset Studio collage page. Head from Dover CD of images from 1930s.

2 comments: